Often, it’s the little things that make big things happen.
Elopak is a leader in the use of renewable materials. Back in 2015, Elopak was the first beverage carton manufacturer to launch a packaging made with renewable 2nd generation polyethylene.
As Europe’s market-leading fresh milk packaging supplier, we offer a variety of innovative packaging concepts that will help our customers to achieve their environment goals and thus contribute to a more sustainable future as well.
- Preservation of natural resources
- Lower CO2e emissions
- Support for brand values of products and companies
Fully compatible with existing production, filling and recycling technology
Regardless of whether the raw material is derived from sugar cane or tall oil: In terms of chemical composition and properties, renewable polyethylene is identical to our traditionally used fossil equivalent. Processing the renewable variants requires absolutely no changes to production or filling process or in the recycling plants!
Plant-based renewable PE made from sugarcane
- PE consists of ethylene, which is obtained from sugarcane.
- The ethylene consists partly of first crush juice and partly of lower quality juice.
Wood-based renewable PE from tall oil
- PE consists of raw material that is obtained from residues from pulp and paper production.
- Tall oil is sourced from Nordic forests.
What the WWF says:
“Discount stores should offer less beverages in disposable PET bottles and instead offer eco-friendly returnable bottles or FSC®-certified beverage cartons.”