In April, our long-standing customer NordseeMilch will launch the first beverage cartons with our tethered cap - the Pure-TwistFlip™. With this early change, the dairy is underlining its consistent focus on maximum sustainability in its products and packaging. At the same time, this launch rings in the comprehensive move towards a new generation of closures, which must be completed by mid-2024.
Pure-TwistFlip™ 29i: The perfect symbiosis of sustainability and convenience
- The Pure-TwistFlip™ 29i offers maximum ease of use with minimum weight.
- The new cap is fully recyclable and lighter than all previous versions.
- The lid remains firmly attached to the carton and is reliably recycled.
- Once opened, the Pure-TwistFlip™ 29i can be positioned anywhere and does not interfere with pouring, thanks to the practical rotating mechanism.
- The freshness seal provides additional protection when opened for the first time.
- After reclosing, the carton is reliably closed and can also be stored horizontally in the refrigerator.
Expertise in fresh dairy
- The cooperative company from North Frisia can look back on almost 130 years of know-how in the dairy industry and today employs around 110 people.
- In the early 2000s, NordseeMilch specialized in the production of fresh dairy products - especially fresh milk.
- With a broad product range, the cooperative is now the largest fresh milk filling company in northern Germany.
NordseeMilch eG has set itself the goal of further
expanding the organic, GMO-free (without genetic
modification) and animal welfare segments in order to
offer farmers secure long-term prospects.
The farms supplying the animal welfare milk
are certified according to the guidelines of the
premium animal welfare label "FÜR MEHR TIERSCHUTZ"
("for improved animal welfare").
The company is committed to the region and the environment. As a partner of the Schleswig-Holstein Wadden Sea National Park it is actively committed to protecting nature
and preventing pollution of the sea.
Innovative strength from the Far North
"We drive innovation in all areas of our company. Innovations such as the natural brown carton from Elopak or the now available tethered caps, fit perfectly with our regional brand and the growing demand for fresh dairy products."
Christoph Bossmann, Managing Director of NordseeMilch eG
Ready to switch? We are.
- The requirements of the Single-Use Plastics Directive (EU Directive 2019/904) will come into force in July 2024.
- From this point on, all closures of beverage containers must be designed so that they remain firmly attached to the packaging even after opening.
- The objective of the EU directive is to reduce or even prevent the impact of certain plastic products on human health and the environment.
"The switch to our new Pure-TwistFlip™ can be implemented on existing filling machines with relatively little technical effort and time. With the professional support of our on-site team of technicians, we will make the transition to this new generation of closures as easy as possible for our customers.“
Wolfgang Buchkremer, Chief Technology Officer at Elopak